By Doug Bowman,Ernst Kruijff,Joseph J., Jr. LaViola,Ivan P. Poupyrev
Here’s what 3 pioneers in special effects and human-computer interplay need to say approximately this book:
“What a journey de force—everything one may want—comprehensive, encyclopedic, and authoritative.”
“At final, a e-book in this vital, rising zone. it will likely be an quintessential reference for the practitioner, researcher, and scholar attracted to 3D person interfaces.”
—Andy van Dam
“Finally, the ebook we have to bridge the dream of 3D photos with the user-centered fact of interface layout. A considerate and functional advisor for researchers and product builders. Thorough assessment, nice examples.”
As 3D expertise turns into on hand for quite a lot of functions, its profitable deployment would require well-designed person interfaces (UIs). in particular, software program and builders might want to comprehend the interplay rules and strategies atypical to a 3D setting. This knowing, in fact, builds on usability event with 2nd UIs. however it additionally contains new and precise demanding situations and possibilities. Discussing all correct features of interplay, better via instructive examples and directions, 3D consumer Interfaces contains a unmarried resource for the newest thought and perform of 3D UIs.
Many humans have already got noticeable 3D UIs in computer-aided layout, radiation treatment, surgical simulation, information visualization, and virtual-reality leisure. the following iteration of computing device video games, cellular units, and computing device purposes will also characteristic 3D interplay. The authors of this publication, each one on the leading edge of study and improvement within the younger and dynamic box of 3D UIs, exhibit find out how to produce usable 3D purposes that carry on their huge, immense promise.
- The psychology and human components of varied 3D interplay tasks
- Different ways for comparing 3D UIs
- Results from empirical experiences of 3D interplay techniques
- Principles for selecting acceptable enter and output units for 3D systems
- Details and tips about enforcing universal 3D interplay techniques
- Guidelines for choosing the best interplay suggestions for universal 3D tasks
- Case stories of 3D UIs in real-world applications
To assist you maintain speed with this fast-evolving box, the book’s website, www.3dui.org, will supply info and hyperlinks to the most recent 3D UI examine and applications.
Read Online or Download 3D User Interfaces: Theory and Practice, CourseSmart eTextbook PDF
Similar human-computer interaction books
Preserving came upon issues chanced on: The research and perform of private details administration is the 1st entire booklet on new 'favorite baby' of R&D at Microsoft and somewhere else, own info administration (PIM). It presents a finished evaluate of PIM as either a examine and a convention of the actions humans do, and wish to be doing, in order that details can paintings for them of their day-by-day lives.
This ebook summarizes numerous ways for theautomatic detection of wellbeing and fitness threats to older sufferers at domestic dwelling on my own. Thetext starts through in brief describing those that could so much take advantage of healthcaresupervision. The e-book then summarizes attainable eventualities for tracking anolder sufferer at domestic, deriving the typical useful necessities formonitoring know-how.
Common UX layout: development Multicultural person adventure offers an amazing advisor as multicultural UX keeps to turn out to be a transdisciplinary box that, as well as the normal UI and company procedure issues, contains socio/cultural and neurocognitive matters that represent one of many first steps in a very worldwide product technique.
This e-book deals a scientific creation to an understanding-oriented method of multimedia content material research. It integrates the visible knowing and studying versions right into a unified framework, during which the visible realizing courses the version studying whereas the discovered types increase the visible figuring out.
- User-Centered Design Stories: Real-World UCD Case Studies (Interactive Technologies)
- Application of Systemic-Structural Activity Theory to Design and Training (Ergonomics Design & Mgmt. Theory & Applications)
- The Semiotic Engineering of Human-Computer Interaction (Acting with Technology)
- Usability von Produkten und Anleitungen im digitalen Zeitalter: Handbuch für Entwickler, IT-Spezialisten und technische Redakteure (German Edition)
- Digital Human Modeling. Applications in Health, Safety, Ergonomics, and Risk Management: Ergonomics and Design: 8th International Conference, DHM 2017, ... Part I (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Extra resources for 3D User Interfaces: Theory and Practice, CourseSmart eTextbook