By Marc J. Selverstone
A significant other to John F. Kennedy provides a complete choice of historiographical essays addressing the existence and management of the nation’s thirty fifth president.
- Features unique contributions from major Kennedy scholars
- Reassesses Kennedy, his management, and the period of the hot Frontier
- Reconsiders proper Kennedy scholarship and issues to new avenues of research
- Considers the key crises confronted by means of Kennedy, besides family concerns together with women’s concerns and civil rights
Read Online or Download A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best world history books
"In the Bosnian city of Sarajevo at the morning of June 28, 1914, a chauffeur misunderstood his directions, made the incorrect flip, attempted too overdue to right his blunder, and in so doing, introduced his passengers to some extent the place a ready murderer didn't have to take target to gun them down. rounds from one pistol and the area rocked.
A hinge second in fresh American background, 1995 was once a good 12 months. Drawing on interviews, oral histories, memoirs, archival collections, and information stories, W. Joseph Campbell provides a brilliant, detail-rich portrait of these memorable three hundred and sixty five days. This booklet deals clean interpretations of the decisive moments of 1995, together with the emergence of the net and the realm huge net in mainstream American lifestyles; the bombing at Oklahoma urban, the deadliest assault of family terrorism in U.
Whereas the coerced human experiments are infamous between the entire atrocities less than nationwide Socialism, they've been marginalised through mainstream historians. This booklet seeks to treatment the marginalisation, and to put the experiments within the context of the large historical past of nationwide Socialism and the Holocaust.
The disintegration of Yugoslavia within the early Nineteen Nineties is frequently defined because the starting-point of the EEC/EU involvement in Western Balkan politics, as though no political relatives had constructed among the EEC and Yugoslavia through the chilly battle period. in its place, this booklet indicates that the beginning of EEC-Yugoslav family members has to be positioned within the an important decade of the Nineteen Seventies.
- The Global 1930s: The international decade (Decades in Global History)
- The Irish Revolution in Sligo, 1912-23 (The Irish Revolution, 1912-23)
- Jacob Green’s Revolution: Radical Religion and Reform in a Revolutionary Age
- A New Account of East India and Persia. Being Nine Years' Travels, 1672-1681, by John Fryer: Volumes I-III (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- French Musketeer 1622-1775 (Warrior)
- A Regiment for the Sea, and other Writings on Navigation, by William Bourne of Gravesend, a Gunner, c.1535-1582 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
Extra info for A Companion to John F. Kennedy (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)