By Alice Bennett
Read Online or Download Afterlife and Narrative in Contemporary Fiction PDF
Best british & irish contemporary literature books
The Fringes of trust is the 1st literary examine of freethinking and spiritual skepticism within the English Enlightenment. Ellenzweig goals to redress this scholarly lacuna, arguing literature of English freethinking has been missed since it by surprise supported points of institutional faith.
This publication examines Thomas De Quincey's thought of the subconscious within the mild of contemporary cognitive technological know-how and nineteenth-century technology. It demanding situations Freudian theories because the default technique for you to comprehend De Quincey's oeuvre and the subconscious in literature extra generally.
This publication examines how early sleek and lately rising theories of awareness and cognitive technological know-how aid us to re-imagine our engagements with Shakespeare in textual content and function. Papers examine the connections among states of brain, emotion, and sensation that represent attention and the stipulations of reception in our previous and current encounters with Shakespeare’s works.
This stimulating and finished research of Will Self's paintings spans his whole profession and provides insightful readings of all his fictional and non-fictional paintings as much as and together with his Booker prize nominated novel Umbrella.
- The Postcolonial Cultural Industry: Icons, Markets, Mythologies
- 1990s, The: A Decade of Contemporary British Fiction (The Decades Series)
- Jews in the Early Modern English Imagination: A Scattered Nation (Transculturalisms, 1400-1700)
- Early Modern Women's Writing: Domesticity, Privacy, and the Public Sphere in England and the Dutch Republic (Early Modern Literature in History)
- The Automaton in English Renaissance Literature (Literary and Scientific Cultures of Early Modernity)
Additional resources for Afterlife and Narrative in Contemporary Fiction